Thursday, April 12, 2012

Babi Guling Pak Dobiel



when you are starving, everything seems to taste good! but i'm not biased to tell you that bigul Pak Dobiel is really delicious!
from all the babi guling that I ever tried in Bali (bu oka ubud, gemah ripah behind tiara dewata, bu chandra, pak malen seminyak) I must say that Pak Dobiel has become my favorite along with Bu Oka ( can't choose between those two!)
the price is relatively same around Rp30.000,- / portion

Pak Dobiel's place is quite small and hawker style with no air cond. Some people said the local spices and ingredients that pak Dobiel use for the suckling pig are more intense compare to the others. But all I can remember from the stuff in my plate that time were simply addictive! the pork satay, deep fried stuff, juicy pork meat, crispy pork skin, long beans were blended really well in my tongue!


Babi Guling Pak Dobiel
Jalan Srikandi no. 9
Nusa Dua
Bali

1 comment:

  1. I visited this place because we stayed at Mercure nusa dua which is only walking distant from the warung. I saw they took the ingredient with hands which is not hygienic in my perspective. The taste of the food was nice even though the portion was not generous. I noted there is another queue for local people and he charges different price for them. After eating my mix rice and the soup, I didn't feel full. I called one of the seller to calculate how much should I paid them. He didn't seems to calculate and charge anyhow for tourist. How can my order be just nice Rp100.000,-? So there's should be something not right in the calculation.

    This was confirmed by a local taxi driver which I had conversation with on my way to airport. Pak Dobiel just charges anyhow amount for tourist.

    I think Ibu Oka is still better in terms of portion and the price you paid is stated clearly in the menu. I don't feel cheated when I spend more in Ibu Oka because everyone will pay the same.

    ReplyDelete